Friday, October 19, 2007

My day

Its Tuesday morning. I'm at the library wasting time, not getting paid.
Heres a short rundown of my day

9:00am - Arrive to the sound of a cackling gaggle of 65+ year old women. I avoid them at all costs. If i had to take a guess, i'd say someone brought in a cake or some other variety of sugary pastry and they were stuffing their fat faces.
I do some real work while the bitches stand around eating for an hour complaining about how noone does any work around this library but them....

10:00am - The library opens for 'business'. A packed crowd of 7 people swarm in. Staff on the circulation desk lose it and abandon their post. I pick up the slack.

10:30am - My supervisor walks up to me in a huff, complaining about me not being on my 'tea break'. I explain to her that things are backed up in this section of the library because I am the only one working. It doesnt matter. "Tea breaks are important!" i'm told. I leave the public to work things out for themselves and go sit down and drink a cool refreshing vc. The 1110kj revitalises me.

10:45am - I'm given a data entry job involving statistics from ABS and the collated stats from the use of the public libraries group. I have until 1pm to complete this task. It turns out i have to enter a few pages of data into an already completed excel document. I'm finished in 20 mins.

11:00am - I blog because the stupid computers here dont allow facebook profile pages. I'm still blogging now. I'm bored.
The lady sitting across from me is mammoth in stature. Shes not fat. Imagine a cross between Janet Reno and that centaur from Mortal Kombat [Hereafter, she shall be refered to as 'The Renosaur']. Shes massive and has possibly the manliest chin I've ever seen. Its crazy. I bet she shaves more then I do. She must be about 7ft tall. I needed a pen earlier to work out some sums, but i risked getting them wrong and working them out in my head because I was seriously scared of going over and asking for one. She could probably rip my face off without breaking a sweat. no joke.
Sitting next to her is the smallest woman ever....then again, i might just seem that way because everything is dwarfed by The Renosaur. The tiny lady looks kind of like a little elf.
I think i could make a movie about them. Like a comedy duo. I could call it "Elf visits The Renosaur".
gotta go, lunch...

1 comment:

Miles said...

This is the funniest shit i've read in ages!